Details To Include With Cover Letter
- How many years of Surgical Tech experience do you have?
A fast-paced NYC office-based plastic surgery center is seeking a reliable and dependable Surgical Technician for immediate hire. Must be able to work independently.
- Performs duties and responsibilities of a ‘scrub’ person under the direction of a registered, professional nurse.
- Checks and gathers all instruments for each case in assigned room with use of surgeon’s preference card.
- Checks sterility tapes, dates, and integrity of wrappers.
- Assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening of room, as necessary.
- Opens sterile supplies for assigned cases. Performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team. Maintains a sterile field and takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Arranges instruments, basins, sutures, and software in a precise manner to allow for accurate counting at completion of procedure.
- Assists circulating nurse with counts of all sponges, laps, peanuts, cottonoids, needles, reels, vessels loops, umbilical tape, penrose drains, devices, and instruments.
- Uses all devices and instruments appropriately. Performs standard draping technique.
- Passes and handles instruments to surgical team in a safe and efficient manner.
- Breaks down setup and prepares instruments for sterilization.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Computer skills are required as all of our patients’ charts are in EMR, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. We are seeking a candidate who possesses an upbeat, positive, can-do attitude, as well as a passion for plastic surgery. Our primary focus is always on patient service, and we therefore require a candidate who genuinely cares for the well being of our patients.