A breast lift can restore the shape and firmness of the breasts and reduce the size of the areola. Breast implants can also be placed either above or beneath the chest muscle, in conjunction with a breast lift if the patient also desires an increase in volume and size.
Tajiri’s Story • Breast Lift
• The Procedure
Mastopexy procedures can be performed within 2-3 hours. After a consultation your doctor will determine the best technique for you.
Common mastopexy techniques include:
- Circumareolar Mastopexy: incision only around the areola
- Vertical Mastopexy: limited incision around the areola with vertical line extended directly down
- Inverted “T” Mastopexy: incision around the areola with vertical and horizontal lines
- Augmentation Mastopexy: simultaneous breast lift and augmentation with breast implants
• Ideal Candidate
You should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond.
- Typical bruising and swelling of the breasts for 1-3 days
- Slight discomfort for up to 7 days post-surgery
- Following the removal of bandages or surgical bra – soft support bra should be worn for 3-4 weeks
- Stitches will be removed in stages over a period of 3-4 weeks
- Return to work within 5-7 days
Before & After