The effects of aging can appear in the brow and forehead area as deep horizontal lines, heavy brows, and frown lines. A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical procedure that can restore a more youthful appearance. This procedure improves the lateral hoods and horizontal lines that can make a person appear angry, sad, or tired. Prior to this procedure, our surgeons will carefully examine the facial structure, condition of your skin, hairline, and muscle activity in the face to determine which surgical approach will best achieve your cosmetic goals.
I chose Lexington Plastic Surgery because you guys have a lot of excellent reviews. I felt more comfortable being serviced here in the USA opposed to going overseas to get my surgery done. — Jonita
• The ProcedureThe drooping skin and tissue in the face are removed in order to smooth the forehead and raise the eyebrows. The classic surgical method of performing this procedure typically takes about 1-2 hours and includes a coronal incision, running from ear to ear, across the forehead.
• Ideal CandidateYou should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond. Often, patients under 40 will request this procedure if they have prematurely aging skin.
- Temporary numbness and discomfort around the incisions
- Swelling for up to a week
- Bandages are removed 1-2 days post surgeries
- Stitches or sutures are removed within 2 days
- Resume work or school within 7-10 days
- Vigorous physical activity should be limited for several weeks