LIP AUGMENTATION OR REDUCTION
Lip Augmentation/Lip Reduction is a procedure that helps achieve facial balance and harmony. This procedure has become increasingly popular as more people have become interested in enhancing their facial features. A lip augmentation can improve your quality of life if you have problems eating, talking or practicing good oral hygiene.
The Lip Augmentation or Reduction Procedure
A lip augmentation improves lip shape and size to the patient’s desired look. The results from a lip augmentation may be permanent and can be performed in conjunction with a rhinoplasty or facelift. Lip procedures can provide the following benefits:
• Enhance or reduce size to satisfy aesthetic desires
• Revise of previously botched lip augmentations that have too much silicone
• Reconstruction for people born with congenital defects like cleft palates
• Reconstruction for accident or burn injury cases, where lips healed with excess scar tissue
Lip procedures can take about 1-2 hours and are generally performed under local anesthesia. For a lip reduction, an incision is typically made inside the lip and a small section is removed. The incision is then closed with sutures.
The ideal candidate should be in overall good health and a non-smoker. They should also have realistic esthetic goals for their results.
- Temporary discomfort
- Swelling and bruising subsides within 1-2 weeks
- Maintain a soft diet for 2-3 days after the procedure
- Resume work in 2-3 days
- Resume normal and strenuous activity within 1 week