Lip Augmentation/Lip Reduction is a procedure that helps achieve facial balance and harmony, and can be the solution for cosmetic or medical needs. This procedure may be permanent and can be performed in conjunction with a rhinoplasty or facelift.
Lip procedures can provide the following benefits:
- Enhance or reduce size to satisfy aesthetic desires
- Revise previously botched lip augmentations that have too much silicone
- Reconstruction for people born with congenital defects like cleft palates
- Reconstruction for accident or burn injury cases, where lips healed with excess scar tissue
• The ProcedureLip procedures can take about 1-2 hours and are generally performed under local anesthesia. For a lip reduction, an incision is typically made inside the lip and a small section is removed. The incision is then closed with sutures.
• Ideal CandidateYou should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond.
- Temporary discomfort
- Swelling and bruising subsides within 1-2 weeks
- Maintain a soft diet for 2-3 days after the procedure
- Resume work in 2-3 days
- Resume normal and strenuous activity within 1 week