Clinically known as gynecomastia, enlarged breasts is a common condition that affects 40-60% of men. Breasts can develop during a hormonal change, like puberty, but can also be tied to heredity or medical conditions.
This surgery changed my life. If I’d known that I’d have this feeling, I’d have done it years ago.
• The ProcedurePrior to surgery, a detailed medical history and physical examination is performed to assess the underlying cause of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia techniques include:
- Liposuction with breast gland removal
- Liposuction with breast gland and skin removal
• Ideal CandidateYou should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients are typically between 18-30 and have excess breast glands or fat. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond.
- Patients should arrange transportation after surgery
- Home recovery for approximately 4-7 days is required before returning to work
- Post-operative swelling will improve within a week
- Resume exercise and heavy lifting within 3 weeks
Before & After